Note: “The start of WWI in July 1914 led tot he NYSE being closed from July 31, 1914 until December 12, 1914. Dow Jones then started a new Industrials Average, and the book gives you both prices. The series most of the erroneous charts use makes it look like the index closed down from 71.42 and reopened at 54.
That is just flat WRONG and any charts drawn from such data are just flat WRONG.
1907 1987 aig analyst armageddon bail-out banks barclays bear market bonds bonus break-out Brett Steenbarger brown btp bubble bund buy-to-let carry trade CDS china clear mind commodities confidence consolidation crash credit crunch crude dax deficit deflation depression deutsche bank diary dow jones ecb elliott emini error euro eurostoxx exstoxx faber fannie fed federal reserve fibonacci fraud freddie gold goldman government debt greed house prices houses iceland inflation Iran Italy methodology oat performance poulson psyche reflexivity ritholtz seasonality sentiment Soros sub-prime trading size trend UK volatility yen
- 1537 tra poco in diretta Renzi :mattinata estremamente piatta.tra poco in diretta Renzi :LINK http://video.sky.it/news/diretta
- 1201 ITALIA, LEADING INDICATOR ott. CONTINUA A SEGNALARE SVOLTA POSITIVA ECONOMIA - OCSEITALIA, LEADING INDICATOR OTTOBRE CONTINUA A SEGNALARE SVOLTA POSITIVA ECONOMIA - OCSEottobre 101.10 da 100.9GER industry output -1.2 +0.8 -0.7 setteil ministro dell economia deice che gli ordini e le attese suggeriscono che l output dovrebbe recuperare nei prossimi mesi dopo questa partneza lenta del Q4
- 959 il ftsemib è la migliore borsa europea, seguita dall ibex +0.53 (ftsemin +0.64).il ftsemib è la migliore borsa europea, seguita dall ibex +0.53 (ftsemin +0.64).le due borse si muovono sempre in tandem in questi giorni, è un accoppiata inossidabile in questa fase.il ftmib è sempre frenato al rialzo dall importante resistneza 18290/18340. L ibex, che ora quota 9450, ha una resistneza notevole a 9490/9500.I volumi sono alti, siamo al 70mo […]
- 954 calendario di oggi molto leggeroil calendario di oggi si presenta molto leggerogià usciti8 GER trade balance 16.8B 18.0B 18.7B prossime uscite===> 12 GER produz industr 0.8% -0.9% ===> 15 EUROGRUPPO19.05 Bullard Fed2015 Fisher FED
- 923 dichiarazioni di Merschecb's mersch says euro zone inflation to remain very subduedecb's mersch says sees no deflationary risksecb's mersch says have necessary tools for further monetary policy measuresecb's mersch - ecb could buy government bonds, but this would have immense political, juridical and economic challengesecb's mersch - buying private debt in […]
- 1537 tra poco in diretta Renzi :
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The CloserFURTHER FURTHER READING - Three big chances for trade liberalisation next year.Continue reading: The Closer
- FT Alphaville is hiring — in NYCWe are looking for a natural writer, with an interest in all things financial to join the FTAV team in New York. Enthusiasm for online journalism and/or blogging is essential – as is an ability to get up in the morning. (We start early.)Continue reading: FT Alphaville is hiring — in NYC
- Two and twenty is long dead and buriedGlance at a Citi Prime Finance report that fees are starting to crumble, and a casual reader might conclude that something is wrong in the house of hedge funds. Perhaps investors have begun to notice well documented problems with performance? Pressure to offer founders’ share classes or accept seed capital to launch with sufficient amounts of Assets Under Ma […]
- China, where family planning can mean candles, 30 official stamps and 50 approval lettersFrom Credit Suisse, do breathe in the romance: The impact of the easing of the one child policy on birth rates may be overstated based on the experience of easing restrictions on parents who are both single children in their families (as shown in Exhibit 3). Guangzhou, a southern China city, had more than 14,000 couples, who were both single children in thei […]
- Markets Live: Monday, 9th December, 2013Live markets commentary from FT.com Continue reading: Markets Live: Monday, 9th December, 2013
- The Closer
- Discuss: Nelson Mandela & South African InequalityDiscuss . . . Source: Economist
- BBC: Inside the US Federal ReserveNo, that is not what DONT FIGHT THE FED means Source: BBC
- 10 Monday PM ReadsMy afternoon train reading: • Cheer Up: World Growth Is Accelerating (Bloomberg) see also The Myth of America’s Decline: Why the ‘Declinists’ Are Wrong (Again) (Yahoo Finance) • Why investors are more bullish about the S&P 500 than Goldman and other analysts (MarketWatch) • Bubbles: No One Has Any Idea What’s Going On (Motley Fool) see also Let...Read Mo […]
- The Hierarchy of InnovationI find this intriguing: From Rough Type: If progress is shaped by human needs, then general shifts in needs would also bring shifts in the nature of technological innovation. The tools we invent would move through the hierarchy of needs, from tools that help safeguard our bodies on up to tools that allow us to...Read More
- Advance Decline Line (Market Breadth) Says No Top YetSource: Chart courtesy of Carl Swenlin, Decision Point (annotations by Ritholtz) One of the best ways to identify a market that is exhausted is to look for divergences between Breadth (i.e, the numbers of Advancing equities versus the number of declining ones) and Price (ie., New Highs). That is a concept which Paul Desmond...Read More
- Discuss: Nelson Mandela & South African Inequality